How to Host the Ultimate Outdoor Party
Serving up decor tips and cocktail recipes!
At Bouclair, we understand that a good outdoor summer party is EVERYTHING.
It’s the perfect opportunity to have your friends and family over, whether it be around the pool or in the backyard. What’s better than kids roaming free while the adults chit chat, enjoying some delicious cocktails? And speaking of cocktails, 4 mouth-watering recipes await at the bottom of this post!
Not sure where to start with the decor? Keep it simple, making sure everyone is at ease. Water-repellent pillows are a must, either on chairs or on the ground, where suntanners might want to spread out after a dip in the pool.
Multiple foldable tray tables, placed in key high-traffic spots, will be handy, making sure everyone’s drinks and snacks have a cozy place to call their own. When nighttime falls, rely on lantern candle holders. Because of their high walls, they’re the ultimate wind-proof mood-makers.
Oh, and don’t forget the napkins! Having different patterns available will ensure guests can keep track of their own.
Does everything look perfect? Time to think entertainment! Music can be tricky when it comes to a diverse crowd. Pop? Rock? Country? Oldies? We say lounge! This playlist is sure to have your cute nephew busting a move and your mother-in-law tapping her foot.
Games are also a super fun add-on to outdoor parties. From low-key ring toss, bocce ball and frisbee to more involved limbo, three-legged races and piñatas, you’re sure to find a game that suits your group to a T.
And, now, the part we’ve all been waiting for – refreshments! Here are our 4 favourite, easy to make, summer cocktails.
Party responsibly please!
½ cup white sugar
35 mint leaves
3 limes, quartered
1 cup rum
1 liter sparkling water
- Start by muddling the sugar and the mint leaves together in the picher. The goal here is not to break the leaves, it is simply to bruise them in order to release their flavour and aroma. Stop muddling when you can definitely smell the enhanced mint perfume.
Hot tip: No muddler on hand? Give the handle of your rolling pin or of your wooden spoon a try!
- Add the limes and muddle. Gently press the limes down to release their juice.
- Stir the rum in, then add the sparkling water. Stir until sugar has fully dissolved.
- Serve in pretty glasses and garnish with a few fresh mint leaves plus a twig of rosemary (optional).
White Sangria Pitcher
1 750ml bottle of white wine
¾ cup triple sec
Cut fresh fruit, to taste
2 cups sparkling water
- Start by mixing together the wine and triple sec in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add your favourite cut fruit to the mix.
- Fill to about ¾ of glasses, then top with sparkling water.
Hot tip: As the fruit macerates, the sangria gets more flavourful, making this the perfect recipe to make ahead!
2 ounces tequila
4 ounces orange juice (freshly squeezed or without pulp)
¾ ounce grenadine
Orange slices for garnish
Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice, then pour in the tequila and orange juice. Stir.
- Slowly pour the grenadine down the side of the glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a cherry.
Hot tip: Allow the grenadine to settle at the bottom of the glass before moving it.
1.5 cup tequila
¾ cup triple sec
¾ cup fresh lime juice
1 tbsp white sugar
8 cups crushed ice
2 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp white sugar
Wedges of 2 limes
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, stir tequila, triple sec, fresh lime juice and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add ice.
- Moisten glass rim with lime wedges, then dip glass in salt-sugar mix.
Hot tip: Put your salt-sugar mix on a flat plate with a rim.
- Pour drink mixture into glass and garnish with lime wedge before serving.
We can’t wait to see your summer party!
Tag us in your photos by using #bouclair on Instagram!